expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Easy looks for Autumn & Styling Tips | OOTW

Bonjour, my friends!

WELCOME BACK to my Style (ootd) series, where I share my favourite looks for you to be inspired by. This time I decided to try something new and so today we’re going to talk about easy way look stylish and cool with minimum effort. I’ve prepared a few looks to show you. 
I will list all of the tips at the end of the post for you, my lovely creatures. 
Now, let’s start our journey.

School gal in Uni. 


First stop is the most basic outfit ever. I call it “teenage movie school girl”and you can probably guess why.  There’s that one girl in a denim skirt, colourful shirt and of course a staple pair of Converse. 

I choose a pencil skirt from Topshop because I think most of you have something similar and paired it with a bright yellow shirt (I’ve seen a lot of yellow and orange in street style during ss18 so keep that in mind). I would advise you to go with a monotone colour instead of a graphic tee tho. 

As great as it is on it’s own we gotta add a twist ‘cause that’s what true fashionistas do, right? My two personal additions are a pair of glitter socks (remember fw17-18 had a lot of them?) and a nice long coat. 

I always say that There’s nothing a good coat can’t fix and this look is not an exception. Depending on weather of course you change socks for tights and some knee-high boots (slay queen!) and you coat for a duster if it’s to hot outside. There’s also a way to layer up this outfit for those who live in a colder climate which we’ll talk about later. 




It’s all about colours


Look numero duo (dos??? I can’t, sorry). Let’s give some attention to colour coordination. It literally is one of the easiest ways to look put together. You don’t have to do anything just match some colours. It can be clothes, shoes, accessories, your makeup (like gurrlll those eyeshadow and lip colours can be as bold as you can imagine). I think your typical win-win combo would be a red lip with red sweater (it’ll never let you down) but since colours are so in right now why not experiment with it? I’m matching a vintage oversized (no, just in XXL) Yonex puffer jacket and a pale pink OldSkool Vans. They’re in different shades but it’s still pink so they of together pretty well. 

A quick tip: start with a basic plain outfit. Like I have an H&M (thrifted) milky cashmere sweater and mom jeans (from Pull&Bear).  *Go for neutral tones.

Also, another thing about using colours that I’ve spoken a lot before is adding a pop of colour somewhere. Again, it can by literally anything. As you can see I’m wearing this dusty pumpkin socks that not only represent my love for autumn (again orange,yellow,red are so in atm)   but also go really well with pinks of my kicks and simple mom jeans.  




Gramma chic




For third look I’m expressing my gratitude for fashion brining in sweatshirts and  the whole “lazy airport look” trend. Nowadays you can buy a bunch of oversized comfy hoodies and no one will dear to say that your looks are bad. Girl, that’s high fashion. I think I’m now wearing all of my sweatshirts and hoodies that I collected throughout my whole life. In this particular look I’m rocking the Gosha sweatshirt  which I actually bought at OC (I live in Russia so you can understand the irony here). It’s truly fascinating how a few words can take your clothes from basic target chic to high fashion cool kid.










Ah, that thing about collecting old clothes, vintage is popping. That’s why I’m wearing that jacket that is my gram-ma’s. Firstly, it’s oversized and warm (big trendy plus). Secondly, it’s vintage and therefore great quality (no need to spend money). Third, it’s real life gramma style (tumblr kids aesthetic). And Finally, it’s plaid, guys, plaid is the it print of these last two season, I’ve literally seen everyone wearing some kind of plaid (especially grey blazer variation). I’m sure I’ll be able to find something similar in your own closet and at the local thrift shop.  

Again, you can add something else to your look like in my case ripped straight jeans (diy from old Armani) and some super cool socks.
 You guys know how cray I’m with socks, it’s my crazy side collecting endless amounts of weird socks. TBH right now, this pair is like everyone’s favourite and I wouldn’t argue really. 


Suit up & puff up


If I were take away one thing from past two fashion week seasons it would be SUITS. Really, suiting up isn’t just Barney’s thing anymore (although it’ll always be his signature look). I’ve seen tones of gals rocking all types of suits. Honestly, it’s undestable, you buy yourself (I thrifted mine) one nice two-piece and you never have to worry again. You can wear it during any season (remember I wore mine with bralette in the summer), with any other clothes, makeup and accessories. 




Because it’s autumn outside I went for a nice knitted sweater from Stradivarius and pair of nice pumpkin spice socks.

Now for that layering tip I promised in the first outfit. Groundbreaking news everyone! Puffer jackets are in and you wear them both under and on top of your blazers, jackets, coats and etc. I’ve already styled a puffer jacket under a coat for extra warmth so this time I’m showing you a way to wear it on top. There’s definitely no wrong way to this really but I would recommend going for something short and oversized with structure. Because you’re wearing it on top it acts as a centre piece of your outfit so keep that in mind. My jacket is from some random Chinese street shop so I can’t tell you the brand, however, it means you can find something similar that’ll be kinda cheap and affordable as well as some high end brands (if you want to). 


Tips:
  • Coats save the situation
  • Remember about those colours 
  • Be a hoodie queen 
  • Start basic and dress it up
  • Gramma chic
  • Oversized is a great thing
  • Suit up
  • Layer up with puffer jackets
  • Rework classic looks
  • Socks are your best friends 

P.S. - idek if you guys noticed but I have barely any makeup and no hair style at all for these looks because the main idea of this post is to show you that you don’t need expensive fence clothes and a lot of effort to look nice and stylish 


Follow me on  Instagram for more daily inspo


You're timeless 
Stay true
XoXo



Ivana

No comments:

Post a Comment