expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, October 16, 2017

Summer to Fall Transition Outfits | LookBook


Bonjour, my friends!

WELCOME BACK to my Style series, where I share my favourite looks for you to be inspired by. It’s Monday yet again but fear not, I will help you have one less problem in the morning (that’s choosing an outfit). By now you’ve probably noticed that autumn is at it’s peak and everything is in warm “comfy” colours (well, except the endless rain himself)  so I thought it would be just the right time to transition from your light summer outfits to chunky and warm autumn ones. Bare with me, I’m doing this post in a different format and I hope you’ll like it. 
For today we have a list of tips on how to transition from one season to another without having to change your whole wardrobe and pack “summer” clothes in a suitcase until next year. I’m also really happy to introduce accessories back on my blog which we haven’t seen for a while.  We’re taking a step back to the basics and  looking at minimalism, specifically in jewellery. That’s probably one of my fav themes to talk about. Using small simple things to spice up your outfit and add emotions and colours to it is surely an art. I’ve been a fan of AUrate’s jewellery for quite some time and I think it’s the right time to share them with you. Their jewellery is handmade in New York City from ethically sourced materials and they give back to economically disadvantaged school children. Well, isn’t that what a great brand should be. I included one pair of their stunning earrings for each outfit just so that you can see how complementary a right accessory can be.
Enough of me rambling, let’s begin. 


HEels

Something old, something new… how it goes? It doesn’t really matter because that’s all you need for this look. I’m starting with a top trend and it’s wearing socks with heels. Yep, you heard me right, get your summer heels and put your socks on. Get them, girl. It’s no secret that I have an obsession with socks and probably have collected more pairs than there’re days in a year so trust a sock-expert. Wearing sandals with socks may seem like an obscure idea to you at first but don’t judge it so fast. It all depends on how you style it together. Of course for each pair of heels there’re some pairs of socks that’ll work the best but I can’t imagine all them at once and give you specific instructions. However, there’s a general pattern that you can use when choosing what to wear. First of, go simple or go overboard. These two ways are trendy as well. For example if your shoes are monotone then you pair them with a similar coloured socks (they can be plain of glittery like mine) and on the other hand if they have a pattern than you can go even further and wear socks with some kind of print on them (very popular: famous paintings or cartoon characters). Moreover, you can try and balance the two opposites (just do it the other way round).  


wearing: shirt - Clips; turtleneck - Wolford; pants - Zara; socks - here; heels - Zara; earrings - AUrate

Also, while we’re on this topic, look at my blouse and pants. This blouse is definitely more of a summer staple and pants are chunky and warm but they work together because they both express the same idea. In my case it’s flowy and comfy “lounge wear” (remember the pyjama trend?).



Staple denim skirt 

Moving on to something that probably most of you, my babes, have. Denim skirt. There’s not much to say about it really, just wear tights and you’re done. Of course you can go for classic black ones but why not wear something colourful and fun for autumn?



wearing: jacket - DIY; bodysuit - Wolford; skirt - Topshop; heels - Zara; earrings - AUrate

Notice how my skirt has tiny dots all over it, I’ve used this opportunity and choose a cute pair of geometric pearl earring to match the print but also keep the slender elongated look of this outfit. That’s how you can use accessories to your advantage without too much hustle.



inside out

Ah, all the fashion kids out there, this one is for you. I should admit that this look is more on the weird side (meaning not everyone would wear it) but probably my favourite or should I say my most worn one. You’ve heard of tees over long-sleeves, now get ready for tees over summer silk blouses. 



wearing: coat - Zara; t-shirt - merch; blouse - Apriori; jeans - James Jeans; platforms - Zara; earrings - AUrate 

I’m emphasising on silk just because it works best for my look in particular but you can choose any light and flowy summer blouse you have. The point here is the clash of two opposites. (That’s why I wanted to go big and chose a pair of circle earrings to emphasise how structured yet fluid this whole look is.) A big oversized t-shirt looks very rough and manly while a delicate shirt underneath is really intricate and feminine. I think that’s the case where this type of mixing really balances things out. Just in general, mixing fabrics and prints is really fun so I recommend trying it out. This can also apply to a short sleeved button up just wear it over a turtle neck (I recommend dark neutral colours). Also, I could’ve worn this blouse on top of a tee (more fitted of course) and just tuck it in without buttoning it up (this is definitely a k-pop influence). 



to suitfinity and beyond 

Finally, suits are here. I mean this wouldn't be Ivana’s post without some layering and suits. Am I right? You cannot deny the power of suits anymore so come on, get on that train I promise you’ll never regret it. Suits can be worn at any time of the year. Summer suit with a bralette underneath, autumn and spring with a warmer shirt or a “jacket under a jacket” and wintery one with a coat on top. No jokes, this one is that versatile. Looking at my outfit, I have a warm sweatshirt paired with a leather jacket for extra warmth but you wear only one of those if it’s warm outside. 


wearing: jacket - Bréal; leather jacket - Episode; sweatshirt - Gosha; pants - Zara; socks - H&M; shoes - Dr. Martens; earrings - AUrate

Again, the most simple basic rule of transitioning from summer to fall is just layering and maybe mixing in other colours. Nothing too groundbreaking, I know. On that note, I want to mention once more that you don’t need to rework your whole wardrobe, just change the little things and you’ll rock every outfit you choose to wear. 



Follow me on  Instagram for more daily inspo


You're timeless 
Stay true
XoXo

Ivana

1 comment:

  1. I love this bow pumps.And the striped suit! Maybe all you need is just a crossbody bucket bag.

    ReplyDelete