expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, June 3, 2016

Persona #2 Anton Yelchin

Hello, internet nerds. How r u feeling today? It's time for another Persona post where I obsess over cool people and try to convince you that you've never seen them before because I'm THAT hardcore and hipster. Hell yeah.
I was thinking about this one for a while, no, actually I wasn't. Last week I immediately decided to dedicate my second post to the mightiest of all Benjamin Cook but as I just sat down I suddenly came to the realisation that no matter how hard I try at this point there's no way I can write something about him without sounding like a dumb person because my language is nowhere near his so I'm taking my time and going to read some dictionary before bed, might as well learn some dead language just incase.
Well, if you're still here then congrats to you human being (or whatever/whoever you are).
Today's victim that we're, I mean I, am going to hail (pls stop with Cap, man, that's traumatising) and worship is Anton Yelchin (for whatever reason my autocorrect just keeps changing it to Yeltsin, wtf, politics????).

Anton Yelchin aka the most adorable human ever


You may already know him from playing the most adorable and cool modern day Chekov in new-school Star Trek. Oh, yes, this role gave him a lot of fame but little did you know that has a lot to offer. I'm not talking about the commonly acknowledged fact of him being a true cinnamon roll and as well that he is originally from Russia (Russia is cool, shut up). Oh, believe me, I have something to say this time, as he happened to be a victim of my "person" bing watching once (read about "person bing watching" here, the link will be here as soon as I post it). Anyways, what I can say is that I freaking watched nearly all films and series with him (in them) that I was able to. Here is a short least of them:

A Man Is Mostly Water, Delivering Milo, 15 Minutes,Along Came a Spider, Hearts in Atlantis, Rooftop Kisses, House of D, Fierce People, Alpha Dog, Charlie Bartlett, Middle of Nowhere; New York, I Love You; Boy in the Park, Star Trek, Terminator Salvation, Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac, You and I, Like Crazy, Fright Night, The Beaver, The Smurfs, The Smurfs: A Christmas Carol, The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists, Movie 43, From Up on Poppy Hill, Only Lovers Left Alive, Star Trek Into Darkness, Odd Thomas, The Smurfs: The Legend of Smurfy Hollow, The Smurfs 2, Rudderless, 5 to 7, The Apprentice, Cymbeline, Burying the Ex, Dying of the Light, Experimenter, Broken Horses, The Driftless Area, Green Room, Unity, We Don't Belong Here, Star Trek Beyond <...> and there's more to it, I'm just too lazy to write that much text.

You're probably like: "Why did you write this? We have wikipedia and IMDb for this". Well, you're right, I simply wanted to give you a grip on how much he had done. Now, let me say a few things about movies that I enjoyed the most:

Fierce people (movie, 2005-7)

kinda main role (to my mind)


It's arguably not the best movie but I have to mention it to the fact that it changed my life, I mean I had an existential crisis after watching it. It starts as a light but yet catchy story to follow but so much happens throughout the whole movie that it's nearly impossible to understand what's going on. Maybe that's what people don't like about it because there are so many brilliant rough ideas instead of just one but polished. Yeah, still one hell of a movie to watch. Beware, tho, that if you are really sensitive this one may not be for you. I'd say more but spoilers, you know.




House of D (movie, 2005)

one of two main roles


It was a little bit confusing for to see Robin Williams in such a strange almost insane role and just overall this movie is kinda confusing. It is a "coming-of-age" story as you people say. Uhm, it's defiantly not the winner as both (Anton and Robin) have much more amazing movies but you'll have some fun and tears and maybe some food for thought as well. I just love the cast.





Charlie Bartlett (movie, 2007)

main role



Don't even get me started on this one. It is hilarious and deep and realistic and cool and just everything in the world. I can guaranty you'll fall in love with that smart badass guy played by Anton. He's such a propaganda of the youth and things and problems that we have, uh, so cool. Did I mention that the cast? It's golden including Robert Downey Jr., Kat Dennings and other awesome people. 





Like crazy (movie, 2011)

one of two main roles


It's so good. What starts as typical teenage love story then turns into a whirlpool of emotions, real life problems and intimacy. We not only see the characters express their feeling beyond any words but we also learn the hardships of long-distance relationships and just the love itself. It offers an opportunity to plunge into the world of brilliantly staged scenes, great actors and human emotions and romantics. Such a great thing, my God, I can't even.
(yes, that's the movie with the bed scenes ya all seen)


(yes, this in a way reminds of Will and Arden if to think about it. btw I love them so much, literally relationship goals





You and I (movie, 2011)

kinda one of the main roles

There's nothing special about this one. It tells a story about two girls and their struggles as try to run away from the life that they were forced into by their parents. I don't expect you to a Russian band called T.A.T.U. but basically a movie is based on it's history. It's interesting to watch to see two worlds collide but it can be quite confusing because it constantly switches between two languages (russian and english)





Fright Night (movie, 2011)


one of the main roles

A classical vampire-next-door tale. The plot is not the most important thing here is the cast. They all are so sassy and sexy, you wouldn't believe until you watch not to mention David Tennat as vampire hunter. Just a look at them and adore them






Finally a little list of other movies highly appreciated by me, that are on the thought provoking side:



Hearts in Atlantis

Only Lovers left Alive

Middle of Nowhere

Ruderless



and okay, Star Trek, how can I forget about it.

The reason for me speaking so much about the in which Anton stars instead of his biography or anything else is that by seeing all these different roles you realised how diverse he can be. I think he has a lot of really deep and meaningful roles right next to silly and stupid ones. That's what I love about him, of course, besides him being such a lovely human being and a pure cinnamon roll. 
Just remembering all those things that he had to go through, like moving to another country at a very young age, learning new language, being bullied everywhere and all sorts of problems, makes me so proud of where he's now. I hope he'll more great roles and opportunities to pursue his acting carrier in the future. Sending lots of love and support.

For now it's all. Love ya



XoXo










No comments:

Post a Comment