expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, May 27, 2016

Persona #1 Quicksilver

(probability of spoilers be careful)

Hey, and welcome to my fresh new rubric where I talk about people; movie, animation and anime  characters and basically creatures that I adore.
Today's all about, as you may guess,


Quicksilver by one and only Evan Peters


Wait wait wait, if you haven't seen the most popular and cool scene ever, go and do that. If you did tho, just watch it again because why not


So now when you're back take your time to soak it in.

Let's talk about the reason or should I say reasons for me choosing him this week. First of, Evan Peters is hella sexy and sassy and badass in this role. Secondly, a new part of X-Men (aka X-men: Apocalypses) just came out and you should totally go check it btw. Thirdly, the music - every time Quicksilver has some screen time music choice is so on point (like Guardians Of the Galaxy mixtape, this high top level music). Finally, how can you just not fall in love with a rebellious yet sensitive Evan Peters with fucking silver hair, right?

Now moving on to his character. Basically, if we go back to CU (aka comic universe) Quicksilver is first introduced to us as an addition to X-men. His name is Pietro Maximoff and he has  twin sister Wanda Maximoff also known as Scarlet Witch. He's super fast like really really fast, faster than Flash. And oh, did I mention that he's Magneto's son? That's right, it's true in the CU as well as in cinematic (was that a spoiler for you? If so, I'm sorry, man). He eventually became a part of X-men family and a superhero himself later.
So, you've probs seen Avengers and their Quicksilver ain't bad, he even has a sister (whom X-men's doesn't have for whatever reason) but let me tell you Pietro of the X-men is way more full of personality and less stressed and conservative. He basically can save a movie by just having a 2 minute scene in it. Maybe he's a show-off or the "deadpool" of this movie universe but for me it only makes him cooler. He's hella handsome, his style is perfect, as well as his musical taste, his jokes are funny and he still manages to be down-to-earth and really close to us young people. I may regret saying it but I actually like him more  than The Flash (I'm talking about recent Flash from the TV show). It may seem to you like he doesn't play much of a role in the movies but a few words he says sometimes can be way more valuable than endless talks of Mr. Xavier (not that I don't like him because I love him for real). You can feel how vulnerable he is whenever he talks to his "father".


Spoiler alert!
Oh God that moment from Apocalypses when he nearly said made me cry. Like this whole movie I was worrying for him so much and hopped that he would tell Magneto but oh man, I guess they're going to shoot one more part. I mean how else do you explain that everyone knows about it except Erik himself...
Spoiler end


Overall, there are so many reasons to love this character, this badass boy like even ads with him little cool short movies look at them




Did you enjoy it? I hope so. 
Until next time. See ya

XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment