expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, May 26, 2016

The power of Visualisation or How to overcome everyday Awkwardness

Don't you ever just feel uncomfortable when you look at someone?


Hello, people (or not only people) of the internet. 
I know, I know, haven't been here for some time. There's no excuse for me. But let's just forget about and talk about some important matters.

Today's topic is devoted to my social awkwardness and some interesting stuff I found out while trying to conduct a scientific experiment.
Let's go to the start. So it all began when I, inspired by an episode of a TV show (how typical of me), decided to try a theory of visualisation irl. Main idea of this "power of visualisation" is that if you look at someone or something and imagine what will happen/is happening with that person or thing than eventually it will happen irl with you because dah, magic of the universe and stuff like that. Like it's said "Dreams come true". Well, in this TV show it worked and actually worked kinda great, just as they wanted it to go and decided that I can do it to.
Okay, about two weeks ago I've chosen a person whom I don't talk to and he slightly hates me or is interested in something about me, basically he just gives me these kinda strange foxy looks. So on Monday last week I went and printed a photo of this person and started my visualising process. I kinda just stared at this photo trying to imagine that we would get along and at least don't hate each other. For most of the week nothing happened at all and I accused myself in not staring at the photo enough time.
Overall I'm still doing this experiment and yet no changes but the point of my whole story is that by looking so much at his photo I got rid of this uncomfortable feeling that I had every time we had some kinda eye contact with this person irl. Sooooooo if you have some problems with holding eye contact or in general just being around people I feel like it helps ''exercising" just try to look at your friends for a while to train yourself or, if you're having problems with a particular person, than look at his/her photo until you start feeling like you're homies and so it'll make it easier for you to live life.

I hope at least if it wasn't really helpful but just a little entertaining.
Loves

XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment