expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, April 10, 2017

Fashion and Style Inspiration: Korean Culture, Fashion, Trends


Yo, kiddos, I'm here yet again with my fav style and fashion inspiration post. 
I'm gonna start this one with saying the Korean Wave is real and I'm so in. Maybe I'm really late on this train but I definitely am enjoying it a lot. I think most of you are familiar with such terms as K-pop (music band), Dorama (korean series), KCon (huge korea related convention held every year in a lot of countries all across the world) and other Korea related stuff. 
Let's start with a general outlook of K-style. I feels to me that Korea is always on of the trend game and a lot of brands and mass market change frequently enough to provide the most up-to-date clothes to people. Maybe not all people in Korea are dressed like fashion bloggers but they definitely look better than your average man in any other country, simply because it's just hard to buy "bad" clothes there. Also, skincare and makeup is one of my fav things about k-wave because with it coming to my country I finally got a proper foundation with spf and it actually matches pale ass face (note: no foundation have done that before even the lightest shade of Nars Sheer Glow is a lil too dark for me) but that's a whole other talk.
Anyways, one thing that is especially close to my personal preference in clothes is that K-style is pretty simple and basic, yet always trendy. They seem to have found the golden middle between femininity and oversized manly harsh kinda look. I mean, I don't how sometimes they are dressed so basic but look absolutely stunning and effortlessly cool. 
Now, after my short ramble, let's get to the source. Where can you get inspiration from? So, there are several other options rather then just street style and Instagrams of influencers. I'm going to talk about three main ones (or at least I think so):
  • K-pop
  • Dorama
  • Korean Brands 



1. K-pop


If you are not familiar with k-pop yet (like what) it's a music genre originating in South Korea that is characterised by a wide variety of audiovisual elements and doesn't have only one particular genre of music. Because in k-pop a lot of attention is paid not only to their music but also their performances, dances, music videos, conversation with viewers and so on, k-pop idols as highly public figures need to be dressed according to latest trends. First k-pop band I ever heard about was probably Girls' Generation + it was like 4-5 years ago and they fast became my main source of inspiration. Actually, if you look some k-pop videos from a couple of years ago you'll see how much their style evolved to match current trends in fashion. Nowadays, there hundreds of k-pop bands and idols to find your inspo from. There is so much diversity starting from hyper feminine and ending in literally genderless  style. The best thing about it all is that you can just watch the latest video of your fav band and catch up on trends as well as get some major ootd inspo and this applies to both girl and boy bands.
For real, last year most of my outfit inspo came from NCT, Big Bang, SHINee and EXO and they are boy bands.
So girls and boys do your research on youtube and find bands that appeal to you


Me recommendations: 
NCT (any of them), EXO, BTS, Astro, GOT7, Red Velvet, F(x) + Luna and Amber from f(x), Especially Recommend Amber Liu (I'm totally writing a Persona post about her this Friday) 

2. Dorama/ K-drama


I'm still quite new to this whole korean series world but have watched some of them and I have a few favourites. Good thing about doramas is that they are really light and easy to watch and everyone is dressed and looking overwhelmingly cool. I literally cried a bunch because of how well-dressed they were. Moreover, they at least a couple of sites that'll provide you with total outfit description and details from every single episode so you can literally shop the look of any character and any episode. That also helps you discover new brands, not all of which are necessarily Korean. 
Currently I have too top fav k-dramas: Goblin (aka Tokkaebi) and Entourage.
Through them I discovered a lot of new great brands as well as enjoyed a good series. 

3. Korean Brands


Remember when I was talking about Korean brands being on top of the game and also experimenting a lot? It is true and also they are very well connected with all types of social media and overall everything happening around them. Usually on their site you'll be able to find a separate section (or special marks) with clothes that has been worn by idols, any other public figures, have been shown on tv or k-dramas. Most of these ship internationally and have a free shipping depending your purchase.
There are some main stream brands like: style nanda or mixmix that are totally cool.
However I'm going to give you a list of my personal favourites that may not be that popular but are definitely worth checking out: Rocket x Lunch, O!Oi, Supecomma B,  Peaceminusone, Freiknock, Low Classic and Ader Error



Stay stylish, shine bright like a diamond
XoXo
 Ivana

No comments:

Post a Comment