expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, May 29, 2017

How Often to Clean: Carpets, Floors & Dust | Philosophical Life


Bonjour, my friends!

In this post I'm going to introduce a Cleaning Guide series connected with my Philosophical Life theme of the month in the Connection Dimension. This "month"  we're are starting Meditation which helps with cleaning mind and I thought what a better time for actually cleaning physical space around us. You know what they say - "Clean Room, Clean Mind". Of course we're are going to try and create  a clean environment around us, it's our goal but cleaning your room and apartment is a good start. This is the first post on this theme that's why I'm writing a small intro. Throughout this entire 30 Days or maybe even more I'm going to post different Cleaning Guides on anything I can think of. We're are going to talk about towels, bedding, books, kitchen and more. This type of posts will be going up every other day and by the end of the month I'll leave you with a big table of everything. 

I'm starting with General things that can be united into categories or don't belong to one specific room/space. Of course first thing that comes to mind is floors and carpets. I added some dusting as well because it seemed to be most fitting here. There are a lot of ways and devices that will help you through this process. Most of them are well known and need no explanation, like vacuuming carpets or mopping floors but some of them deserve more attention. In particular, carpet rakes, tbh I don't many people that use this cool tool so I figured I need to mention it. Carpet rakes are a fancy facial for your carpet. Using them actually helps even better than vacuum. Because they most usually are made of rubber, they will get every little thing out of the deepest depths of your carpet. I don't want to overwhelm you with info in this particular post so you can just check out a very comprehensive article, with a lot of examples and variations at different price points, on How to Choose a Carpet Rake  to make the ultimate right decision. 
Now, let's get into it. Scroll down ↡



Take a look at the pic above. Everything clear? I've included some useful tips as well. Let me now if you need pdf and I will include it in my next post. Let me explain what different levels of cleaning mean.

For floors:
  • Light - just lightly washing the floors with some soup and water. Nothing too fancy
  • Medium - washing hard-to-reach spaces
  • Deep - moving furniture and washing everything
For carpets:
  • Light - vacuuming them once
  • Medium - vacuuming and going over with some rubber brush
  • Deep - giving them to Dry Cleaning (if you own a pet may be done every season) Tip: you can use a carpet rake to help you out a lot. 
Dusting:
  • Light - dusting any open visible spaces
  • Medium - dusting hard-to-reach spaces and under things
  • Deep - dusting inside of bookshelves, cabinets and ceilings 

Vacuuming stands for carpets mainly but for floors as well. There's no one specific answer to how often you need to do all that but this table is a compilation of what works for most people including me. Don't forget to check out the tips. If you have questions ask them in the comments section.

Until next time, babes


Don't forget to use  #30daysofphilosophicallife if you  want to
Keep it clean
Stay true
XoXo
Ivana





No comments:

Post a Comment